Spring is here! If you’re ready to make the move from walking to running why not take advantage by going to the best parks in Queens, NY. Still not motivated? Why not download the app called Couch to 5K. This app is your own little personal trainer, you can take a stroll around Bowne, Crocheron, Fort Totten, or Kissena Park, listen to your music, and the app will interrupt and remind you to move faster, and keep you moving throughout the workout.
- Couch to 5K program allows anyone to get started as a runner
- App is simple to navigate, set up, and use
- Customizable settings (e.g., turn audio alerts on or off)
- Allows users to play their own music (up to 100 songs)
- Record and share workouts if desired; compatible with Nike+
This 9-week program helps running beginners. Each workout is 30 to 40 minutes long (which includes a warm up and cool down). It tracks your workout history, and you can listen to your music while you run. You’ll be running a 5K in little as 9 weeks. And when you do, please run past our office (27-04 Francis Lewis Blvd.) and let us know you did it!